Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Senior Project Manager establishes and directs AML strategic program or projects which have been assigned. These include (but are not limited to) meeting regulatory and audit requirements, business process changes, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployment. Such AML strategic projects are often highly complex and large-scale in nature, spanning multiple functions and/or business groups/LOBs. The Senior Project Manager holds the primary project relationship with Program Director/Senior Mangers and executives (in consultation and partnership with other stakeholders such as relationship managers, technology and portfolio managers), and ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of success.
The Senior Project Manager has breadth and depth of understanding of multiple lines of business and is able to facilitate communication between multiple stakeholders efficiently and effectively. The Senior Project Manager directs, manages, and coordinates team members (for potentially multiple projects) including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and is accountable for delivery of the end to end assigned program/projects.
- Determines and establishes the appropriate program/project organizational and work breakdown structures (e.g. projects, workstreams) to accomplish program outcomes. Ensures program/project milestones and schedule accurately reflects the delivery commitments of subsidiary projects. Ensures an overall integrated delivery plan is developed, maintained and communicated
- Directs strategic AML projects within the lines of business and provides integrated management of subsidiary projects and internal or external stakeholders.
- Accountable for the end to end projects assigned (including related sub-projects)
- Ensures programs are staffed with the right mix of people who exhibit the required perspectives, skills and behaviours.
- Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned strategic projects/programs, including all business, operational and IT deliverables. Ensures cross-program coordination of activities, deliverables and benefits
- Directly leads all aspects of the program/projects lifecycle and works with matrix business, line of business and technology partners to oversee all phases of the program while ensuring the program structure is designed to achieve the intended business benefit
- Within the context of the assigned programs/projects, responsible for providing regular communications (including project briefings) with business partners at various levels of the organization, including SVP, VP level, as well as other internal and external resources. Sustains and manages the relationship with the program/project Accountable Executive throughout the duration of the initiative by providing sound advice, counsel and support
- Ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit.
- Provides leadership, motivation, coaching and mentoring for the program leadership team in order to ensure subsidiary projects are coordinated to achieve the business vision and scope and meet any regulatory deadlines
- Chairs regular program and key forums (e.g. Steering Committees) to review progress with key team members and executives.
- Provides program/project level change leadership to ensure the vision and objectives of the large-scale transformation are driven properly, and ensures change management (the mechanisms of change) are in place to deliver the anticipated program benefits
- Provides visibility to program/project level issues and risks and ensures they are identified, quantified, managed and tracked. Ensures management of those issues and risks abide by the AML PMO standards and framework and the respective escalations occur as needed. Monitors project level issues and risks and ensures relevant sub-project issues are exposed at the program level. Facilitates resolution of core issues between multiple executive stakeholders where required
- Ensures program/project commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Manages overall program/project budget and ensures supporting budgets are tracking financial budget and actuals.
- Determines and establishes the appropriate work breakdown structures (e.g. projects, workstreams) to accomplish program outcomes. Ensures program/project milestones and schedule accurately reflects the delivery commitments of subsidiary projects. Ensures an overall integrated delivery plan is developed, maintained and communicated
- Ensures development of required project artifacts including project charter(s), and management plans (resource, risk management, quality management, communications management, etc.), and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise delivery frameowkr standards.
- Negotiates complex contracts with external vendors (in consultation with Strategic Sourcing) to ensure receipt of specific resources and materials, as well as best value for the Enterprise. Ensures day-to-day vendor relationship management occurs (including monitoring performance, reviewing and approving vendor invoices)
Experience / Education:
- Solves complex project issues which may require facilitation of multiple senior resources
- Excellent relationship management resulting in a proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Exemplary project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body Of Knowledge)
- Expert risk management skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills, capable of balancing multiple perspectives, effective at all levels up to senior executive
- Sound business and technical acumen, with demonstrated agility in learning and ability to quickly become comfortable with unfamiliar businesses areas or of technologies. Ability to connect programs/projects to broader organizational goals and grasp the key performance drivers of business partners
- Expert presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues
- Solid knowledge and expertise in the use of program/project tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC))
- Possesses a university degree and/or 12+ years relevant work experience
- Possesses advanced knowledge and 10+ years of experience in project and program management, including managing large-scale projects or programs of significant complexity and value (> $20MM) with high risk
- Financial Crimes knowledge and experience is an asset
- Holding a valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) or other valid program management certification (e.g. Prince 2)
- MBA is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experienc