We are seeking a Senior Project Manager to be based in our Greater Boston office. The incumbent shall be an integral part of the Company’s Capital Projects and Sustainability Team and work within a fast-paced, growth oriented environment. The individual must be committed to assuring project quality, meeting approved budgets and scheduled deadlines, and exceeding the expectations of the Company’s tenants and shareholders. The Senior Project Manager – Greater Boston shall be a self-directed and motivated individual capable of resolving complex issues in a timely manner consistent with the Company’s goals and objectives.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex (including sexual or gender identity), religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or medical condition.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the Company’s redevelopment, expansion, conversion, capital improvement and tenant improvement projects.
- Manage the coordination of design and construction activities to include, but not limited to, architect, contractor and consultant solicitation and selection, design and construction document review, and construction management and administration.
- Prepare and provide oversight for the consultant, design and construction contracts and ensure the obligations of such contracts are satisfied.
- Develop and manage project budgets and schedules. Complete projects in accordance with Company approved budgets and schedules.
- Implement, manage and confirm the tenant’s and Company’s obligations as detailed in its lease and work letter agreements for assigned projects.
- Communicate and interact with the Company’s tenants, contractors, architects, consultants, and other project team members.
- Manage the successful completion and close-out of construction projects to assure tenant occupancy and rent commencement by required dates.
- Manage consultant and contractor payment applications, including review of invoices for conformance with contract documents.
- Administer the collection of acceptable certificates of insurance, lien waivers and other required project documents, process consultant and contractor payments, monitor tenant improvement allowance budgets, and maintain project files.
- As needed, assist the company’s leasing function through participation in property showings and prospect meetings and providing information related to constructability, budget, schedule, etc.
- Assist the company’s acquisition function through support of due diligence activities.
- Prepare Project Status and Performance Reports.
- Manage the Cash Usage Reports.
- Provide general support to other Operating Divisions of the Company, as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum ten (10) years of practical working experience in the development, construction or real estate industry related fields with a demonstrated strong project and construction management background. Experience with design and construction of laboratory and laboratory research projects is highly desirable. Knowledge of building codes related to lab operations and knowledge of sustainable building practices is also desirable.
- Ability and desire to travel as necessary to meet project goals and objectives is a requirement.
- Understanding and working experience with construction contract preparation, AIA document forms, construction payment applications, lien waiver review and preparation, certificates of insurance, and other construction related documentation.
- Oral and written communications are required with demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to interact both internally with other Company members, and externally with tenants, contractors, architects, consultants and other project team members.
- Computer proficient skills with strong experience in spreadsheet preparation and a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products, including Excel and Word. CAD and project scheduling software proficiency a plus.