AECOM is seeking a highly talented Senior Project Manager to be assigned to a project site in Seattle, WA. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, maintains close client interface, and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors
- Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned construction project
- Performs all functions and responsibilities in partnership with the company’s culture, corporate vision, ethics and code of conduct
- Implement corporate policies, procedures and organizational structure for assigned operating segments within the framework of corporate policy
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine and establish time frame, work plan, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through construction manager and contract manager
- Oversee/control construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendents to ensure project is built in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives and subcontractors.
- Review all bid packages prior to distribution to bidders and review all correspondence/proposals prior to submission to client to insure accuracy and completeness
- Plan, coordinate and/or manage activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s)
- In collaboration with other project leaders, authorize/approve project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.) purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contract including fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc. to protect company’s interests and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client
- Ensure all company, client and project policies/procedures are adhered to as specified
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring and direction to subordinates and other junior personnel toward the achievement of their personal development goals
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- Accommodate additional responsibilities as assumed through personal initiative or assigned by higher authority
- Educational and experience includes a four year construction or business administration degree, plus extensive experience of at least 10 years, in the management of construction segments
- Advance knowledge of the construction industry, risk management and field operations required
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and analytical skills are necessities
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- This position does not include sponsorship for US Work Authorization
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.