AECOM is seeking a highly talented Senior Project Manager to be assigned to a project site in Phoenix, AZ. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provides overall management administration to project and assists in establishing project specific objectives and policies.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to subordinate managers, enforces company and project policies, maintains close client interface, and ensures all facets of the project are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule through subordinate managers and supervisors
- Position has significant profit/loss responsibility for assigned construction project
- Performs all functions and responsibilities in partnership with the company’s culture, corporate vision, ethics and code of conduct
- Implement corporate policies, procedures and organizational structure for assigned operating segments within the framework of corporate policy
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine and establish time frame, work plan, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through construction manager and contract manager
- Oversee/control construction through administrative direction of on-site superintendents to ensure project is built in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives and subcontractors.
- Review all bid packages prior to distribution to bidders and review all correspondence/proposals prior to submission to client to insure accuracy and completeness
- Plan, coordinate and/or manage activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s)
- In collaboration with other project leaders, authorize/approve project personnel transactions (hiring, transfers, wages, etc.) purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contract including fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc. to protect company’s interests and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client
- Ensure all company, client and project policies/procedures are adhered to as specified
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring and direction to subordinates and other junior personnel toward the achievement of their personal development goals
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills and competencies to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- Accommodate additional responsibilities as assumed through personal initiative or assigned by higher authority
- Educational and experience includes a four yearconstruction or business administration degree, plus extensive experience of at least 10 years, in the management of construction segments
- Advance knowledge of the construction industry, risk management and field operations required
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and analytical skills are necessities
- Experience in Cost control
- Experience in Field management
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- This position does not include sponsorship for US Work Authorization