Job ID: 17001875
Senior Project Managers with CDWs Strategic Solutions and Services practice are in the middle of the action deploying enterprise level technical solutions for our customers. By joining CDW, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Technical Leads, Project Managers and Solution Architects enabling your continued development and success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our vendor partners such as Microsoft, Cisco, EMC, VMware, IBM, HP and more.
Interested in helping our customers achieve their complex and challenging business goals with leading edge technologies? If you GET IT and are interested in delivering client facing solutions like deployments, implementations & configurations, don’t wait, take the first step and apply now.
As a part of the CDW Project Management team, you are in the middle of the action creating technical solutions, impacting CDW 's business growth and supporting our sales team. If you are interested in having a significant impact on the business at CDW and enabling our clients to achieve their business goals, then CDW has an exciting opportunity for you.
Responsibility for delighting customers
- The CDW Engagement Methodology and the CDW Operations Framework define standards to deliver projects and hosting and managed services that will delight our customers. Here are the roles that Senior Project Managers play in the Methodology and Framework -
- Understand the product/solution strategy being proposed.
- Seek out opportunities for cross-selling additional products and services.
- Participates in pre-sales activities
- Contributes to and reviews Statements of Work.
- Advocates for the value and benefit of our Engagement Methodology.
- Assists sales staff with complex or advanced technology conversations or presentations.
- Participates in pre-sales activity in a supporting role to the solution architects.
- Reviews deviations from current solutions/offerings to provide input into content for proposals and Statements of Work.
- Acts as a consultant to the Account Executive on sales opportunities for a program client.
- Conducts weekly reviews and updates of project scorecards and reviews and approves project time on schedule.
- Owns financial performance (budget to actual, hours remaining, expenses, etc.) Accountable for projects' profit and loss.
- Determines the appropriate documentation (communication plans, schedules/timelines, status reports, quality plan, closure summary, budget, risk plan, etc.) for projects. Manages the quality and delivery of documentation to clients.
- Owns change order process including determining the need for a new Statement of Work versus a Change Order.
- Manages project procurement and adjusts schedules as necessary.
Ensure that projects adhere to quality control standards such as project change orders, reporting and issues tracking.
- Contributes to setting the direction for the project management discipline at CDW by refining templates, tools and materials.
- Facilitates the sharing of information across the project management team (information from conferences, best practices research, lessons learned from experience, training seminars, etc.) by building tools/sites, creating webinars and wikis, organizing ad hoc meetings, etc.
- Coaches Project Managers in developing project management skills.
- Negotiates changes (cost, scope, effort, schedule solution, resource commitment, etc.) to agreeable result.
- Capable of independently negotiating in difficult circumstances without assistance.
- Prepares and presents formal and informal presentations to clients, project team and groups outside the company in an interactive format or lecture style. Comfortable with longer presentations on complex topics to larger audiences.
- Prepares and presents formal presentations at executive briefings.
Responsibility for building employer of choice reputation
The practices that Senior Project Managers will apply to successfully deliver project for our customer:
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - work with team members to gather information and determine possible/probable impacts to the project, document mitigation steps taken in troubleshooting and communicate these to the team and customer.
- Documentation and Deliverables - manage clear, concise deliverables utilizing the appropriate document templates
- Knowledge Sharing and Training - Conducts formal training for CDW classes (e.g. Engagement Methodology and company-wide project management workshops) for all types of audiences. Proactively facilitates the sharing of information (information from conferences, best practices research, lessons learned from experience, training seminars, etc.) across the project management team.
Senior Project Managers are ultimately accountable for:
- Independently manages project and applies Engagement Methodology.
- Sharing knowledge and being a champion for the project management discipline
- Stay abreast of industry best practices.
- Evaluate customer "wins" to identify and promote best practices
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
Minimum Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience.
- Six to nine years experience in delivering quality Infrastructure Project Management.
- Three or more years experience in leading significant Microsoft or Advanced Technology projects across all solution areas.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, and recommend business strategies.
- Working knowledge of one or more formal project management methodologies including at least one that is iterative (non-waterfall).
- PMP certification preferred.
- Understands ITIL Framework
- Must be proficient in solving business problems, applying technology and frameworks and be capable of demonstrating proficiencies in Enterprise IT infrastructure solution issues.
- Has significant successful experience in leading projects involving multiple technologies or large and complex implementations.
- Working knowledge of the cost, timeline, and resources necessary in deploying technology solutions.
- A professional, customer-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners and peers.
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective.
People are what make CDW special. We encourage our employees to think of innovative ways to solve problems for our clients. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage this independent thinking, and embrace the diversity of our staff.
We're committed to hiring and advancing the best individuals available, based on job-related qualifications. We value the perspectives and innovations that come from having employees of different race, gender, age, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, disability, and marital or family status. We encourage all of our employees to help build and support strong, vibrant communities, improving quality of life and making a positive difference where we live and work.