This position provides IT project and portfolio leadership for the Product Development and Approval domain in Business Solutions and Services. The Product Development and Approval domain is responsible clinical, R&D and product life cycle management systems across all divisions. The Sr. Project Manager provides leadership in coordinating a multitude of inter-related IT project activities to ensure the successful completion of projects. This needs to be done within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities. Works with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives and deliverables. Assesses the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects working with department, divisional management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution.
The incumbent develops and executes a work plan obtaining authorized resources to ensure all activities are performed. Coordinates resources to ensure project needs are addressed and effectively assigns tasks and deliverables to team members based upon their abilities. Supervises and motivates cross-functional project team of vendor resources, business analysts, developers, and validation analysts. Measures performance to assure the project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget.
This position communicates project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to the project team, the project sponsors and management. Gathers lessons learned and obtains final project approval from sponsor and stakeholders. Responsible for compliance with SLC and applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
• The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong project leadership skills in medium-to-large scale global projects.
• The position requires a minimum of 6years of progressive IT project management experience demonstrating excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
• The successful candidate must have the ability to interact with senior IT and business management and work in a dynamic environment with high visibility.
• The candidate must have strong analytical skills and prior experience in the full software lifecycle methodology.
• Must have the ability to establish and maintain positive, effective working relationships with all levels within the IT organization, the business function and any external partners.
• Must be a proven self-starter who is able to function with minimal management direction.
• Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives and prioritize activities based on business impact.
• Ability and desire to understand business process and apply to technology.
• Clinical, R&D and product life cycle management system experience is a plus