The Senior Project Leader effectively manages the activities of individual projects in a manner that ensures all timeframes and targets are met and that costs are kept under control. Responsible for leading and managing all projects within client(s) team(s). To act in the role of mentor to junior staff and point of contact for management regarding client/team specific information. Responsible for participation in the development and execution of new processes. Responsible toensure all work is completed compliantly according to SOP’s (Client, and ICON) as well as industry standards
Location: Yardley, office based
· Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON's values which centers around our commitment to People, Clients and Performance.
· As a member of staff, the employee is expected to embrace and contribute to our culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
· Minimum 1-2 year(s) experience with clinical research studies, and understanding of ICH and GCP guidelines.
· Travel (approximately 10%) domestic and/or international.
· With support, manages projects in a timely manner in adherence with SOPs and appropriate guidelines as necessary.
· Act as the key client contact for designated project teams and develop successful working relationships withothers.
· Develops succession plans when needed, and in the event of a change to the project team, ensures a thorough and effective handover which is appropriately documents.
· Leads the development and maintenance of project management documents, including but not limited to, projecttimelines, project management plans, communication plans and risk analysis plans.
· Monitors the quality specification within the project.*Liaises appropriately with internal functional leads and clients on project related matters.
· Manages project financials using the appropriate tools, including but not limited to, understanding full scope of workand assumptions for work to be conducted, change in scope, client and vendor invoicing/reimbursement, grant payments. Collaborate with Finance to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
· Keeps management informed of project status in relation to quality, timelines and staff issues.
· Maintains confidentiality of management information as appropriate.
· Liaise with rest of project management group to ensure appropriate staffing throughout project lifecycle. Monitor project staff allocation in appropriate resource management system(s).
· Supports the formation of strategic alliances with internal and external customers.
· Supports the development of proposals/SOWs
· Able to produce clear, substantive and effective written communications.
· Orally communicate ideas, instructions and information well.
· Demonstrates strong grammar and proofreading skills.
· Fosters an open and honest environment for the exchange of ideas.
· Communicates effectively with others at all levels within the organization and with clients/vendors.
· Leads weekly internal and external status meetings with clients.
· Main point of contact for day to day questions, concerns from client regarding timelines, invoicing, etc
· Works in collaboration with internal and external colleagues to meet project objectives, timelines, and budget.
· Contributes to setting departmental policies and procedures.
· Follows departmental and corporate policies and procedures.
· Participates in team meetings to maintain effective lines of communication.
· Provides regular updates to supervisors.
· Provides mentorship to direct reports, colleagues and/or project team members.
· Takes responsibility for project tasks and sees them through to successful completion.
· Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as needed to meet project and/or departmental objectives.
· Continues education via professional development activities to enhance own professional growth
· Participation in Lunch and Learns or other internal company training sessions.
· Supports the development and maintenance of practice-specific process documents (e.g., SOPs and Best Practice Guidelines).
· Ensures team compliance with all relevant SOPs and Best Practice Guidelines.
· Supports development and tracking of goals, budget and other financial metrics for Project Management Department.
· Supports identification and implementation of process improvement initiatives as appropriate.
· MANAGERIAL/ ADMINISTRATIVE
· Manage technical and administrative functions for multiple, simultaneous, complex projects.
· Ensures project activities are consistent with project requirements and contractual scope of work.
· Able to determine the multiple tasks involved in a project or assignment and prioritize their completion.
· Ability and willingness to travel (International and Domestic) up to 10%.
· Able to adapt to changes in deadlines and changes in the nature of assignments.
· Able to appropriately prioritize competing project demands.
· Preferably makes appropriate use of available technology and tools in seeking and implementing solutions.
· Capable of seeking and implementing standard and alternative solutions to problems.
· Works well with other individuals and departments to solve problems.
· Anticipates problems before they occur and seeks solutions (risk mitigation).
· Does not let obstacles prevent completion of assignment, proactively seeks appropriate alternative solutions.
· Demonstrates resourcefulness; promotes the development of new ideas and solutions.
· Demonstrates capability to bring delayed or disrupted projects to successful conclusion.
· Consistently produce high-quality work.
Preferably demonstrates the ability to inspire others to perform high quality work in a timely fashion, by example of their own work habits.
Required Education, Experience & Skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
· 3+ years of experience with full product lifecycle with understanding of development lifecycle and various technology methodologies that support that lifecycle
· Experience managing Patient Recruitment Projects
· Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Ability to use or learn any other software or system necessary for fulfilling the requirements of this position