The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Sr. Project Leader to support software focused General Systems Engineering and Integration (GSE&I) for ground and space systems. This group provides expertise in the areas of software architecture, software engineering, ground and space software, software engineering lifecycle, tools, and analysis. This role will offer technical analysis and recommendations to internal and customer stakeholders on mission-critical solutions.
- Develop, Evolve, and Evaluate Systems and Software Architecture Models for large scale and ultra-large-scale systems.
- Develop and enhance the state of Software & Systems Architecture Modeling practice through the adoption, tailoring, and development of new/emerging analysis, development, and evaluation methods.
- Plan and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and adaptation/modification of technical solutions, industry standards, methods, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems encountered. Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on matters of importance.
- Perform analytical studies, conducts tests, develops details of specifications, prepares details of analytical report findings, assists in planning and development of studies and design projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical discipline
- 15 or more years software development experience
- 10 or more years hands-on experience designing, writing, testing, and fielding software using one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Fortran, Ada, SQL, Java PHP, C#, Python
- 10 ot more years experience In Architecture, Architecture Modeling, and leading cross functional teams
- Experience developing software using both agile and waterfall approaches to software development
- Excellent technical written and oral communication skills
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Advanced technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, standards, and practices, (.e.g., DoDAF, TOGAF, UPDM, IEEE 42010, IEEE 1471-2000)
- Experience with Architecture Modeling Languages (e.g., UML, ADL, AADL, SYSML, SOMF)
- Architecture design and evaluating software architectures using one or more of the following methods: ATAM, SAAM, ARID
- Experience in technical leadership in a software or systems engineering and /or program management environment.
- Expertise/knowledge using quantitative approaches to support technical decisions and developing metrics
- Expertise/knowledge real-time space and ground systems, including, program management, risk assessment, and process improvement
- Expertise/knowledge of service oriented architectures, cloud computing service models, and software ecosystems
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
- Strong technical mentoring skills
- Familiarity with DoD and Intelligence Community programs and current SBI is highly desirable.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: PROJECT LEADER SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 39345