Fraud Technology is a development area within Information Technology & Solutions (IT&S) which supports the Fraud business unit in its mandate to deter and prevent Fraud attacks against the Bank.
In the current digital environment fraud prevention has become complex as speed of attacks have changed considerably. The Bank has initiated a large Fraud program to enhance its detection and preventing capabilities to support the overall goal of digitization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development, the Senior Project Leader Development will support the implementation of applications to meet the needs of the Fraud Management Office.
The Senior Project Leader Development will plan and manage the activities of staff/contractors and work with clients to successfully deliver projects and problem fixes into production within agreed upon timelines.
To join our team, you should be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, results-oriented, have an eagerness to learn, and thrive on challenges.
When required, the Senior Project Leader Development may have to work evenings or weekends to complete project deliverables.
1. Leads the execution of day-to-day project and task oriented work efforts and meeting customer expectations for contracted time, cost and specification definitions.
2. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments for development, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
3. Operationalizes technical and managerial processes and supervises the development and maintenance of business support systems.
4. Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
5. Leads a team of IT professionals (direct reports and contractors) and is responsible and accountable for reporting solution delivery.
6. Leads the team in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development methodologies.
7. Negotiates IT project requirements (i.e., deadlines, budgets, resources, etc.).
8. Builds and maintains solid, professional working relationships with peers within the project management and business lines.
9. Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner, has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing software solutions.
10. Manages Releases and emergency changes (ECRs) from start to finish.
11. Keeps the Demand and Capacity Management (DCM) system up-to-date with accurate staff / contractor resource (deload) information.
12. Verifies and maintains the time reporting system on a weekly basis to ensure staff / contractors are charging their time appropriately.
13. Provide input for performance appraisals for staff as requested by the manager.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have at least 4 years of progressive IT working experience.
• Must have hands-on technical working experience in system analysis, design, development; plus production environments.
• Must have working experience in a technical environment that utilized Agile delivery methodologies.
• Must thrive on challenge, be proactive, dynamic, demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn.
• Must possess very good interpersonal/communication (verbal & written)/negotiation skills in order to effectively build consensus, exercise diplomacy and obtain cooperation from strategic technology partners, other technology support groups, business users and management.
• Should possess a strong project management and operational support background.
• Experience with Cloud Technology and Cloud Application Enablement would be extremely beneficial.
• Preferred working knowledge of Fraud/Risk applications and process within the financial industry.
Undergraduatedegree in Computer Science or technical equivalent.
Requisition ID: 20972