At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is seeking an Senior Project Geotechnical Engineer to join our Mine Waste Management Team, at our Anchorage, Alaska office. You will have the opportunity to work as a part of a regional team on challenging tailings dams and mine waste management projects.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing a wide variety of tailings dam and mine waste management projects, including field investigation, laboratory testing and interpretation; design and construction; geotechnical analysis; and dam safety inspections and reviews
- Scoping, directing, and reviewing geotechnical analyses with a focus on dams and soil mechanics, including stability, seepage, and thermal modelling; tailings deposition modeling; and waste rock spoils run out analyses
- Managing medium size projects or tasks within large projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and delivering high quality reports and drawings on time and within budget under the supervision of senior engineers
- Completing technical proposals and design work package in response to client needs under the supervision of senior engineers
- Providing technical direction and supervise quality and quantity of work to junior and intermediate staff
- Mentoring junior staff
- Participating in and promoting a safety-first culture
- 7 to 10 years of relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Geological Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the United States; Alaska designation strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience conducting and managing geotechnical site investigations and experience with commercial geotechnical engineering software.
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and emotional intelligence; ability to establish good relationships with clients and colleagues
- Strong, client-focused project management skills
- Have a sound knowledge in soil mechanics and geotechnical engineering, with a technical specialization
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and show good engineering judgement
- Ability to effectively delegate work and lead project teams
- Cold regions / arctic engineering would be an asset
- Health and safety leadership
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages;
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment;
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects; and,
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching.