Requisition ID: 3400
Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company's two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,900 people in over 30 countries.
- Reviews project design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, contract requirements, and related specifications
- Facilitates planning process to evaluate 18-month forward-looking horizon, determines resource requirements, and makes recommendations to shift resources in accordance with the plan
- Manages and develops product-line project managers
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design issues
- Directs integration of process design activities and production requirements into capital projects
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget
- Prepares interim and completion project reports
- Prepares capital authorization documents
- Coordinates merit and feasibility studies
- Assure that projects are being designed and installed using sound engineering principles and are in accordance with national codes and standards as well as Grace Corporate wide procedures and standards
- Develop and maintain the engineering documents required for successful completion of capital projects
- Directly supervise engineering firms who are designing assigned projects
- Supervise either directly or indirectly, outside contractors and subcontractors who are constructing assigned projects
- Provide engineering assistance as required to other departments and other plants
- Review capital budget and spending requirements for a group of plants
- Inspect key equipment prior to release for shipment for all assigned projects
Must have proven ability to execute all phases of project management (front end design, preliminary engineering, authorization, detail design, construction, commissioning, and start-up, close out).
This position will require travel with the manager being onsite during key projects. International travel and locations may be required.
Minimum of 12 – 15+ years experience in project design and project management in the chemicals industry.
BS degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical or Chemical
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.