The Launch Vehicle Guidance & Navigation Senior Project Engineer will provide programmatic support of Guidance & Navigation for New Entrant launch vehicles, working closely with USAF Certification Team personnel, engineering, and Program Office leads to ensure mission capabilities are compliant with the EELV program requirements. This role will act as senior technical authority, consultant, primary investigator, or team leader. May lead or organize interfaces between customers' and Aerospace technical and management staff. Coordinates large-scale technical efforts across program/project lines. Mentors less experienced MTS and serves as role model.
- Technical evaluation and coordination of new entrant analyses and reports
- Ensure compliance to requirements
- Provide engineering staff tasking
- Orbit insertion accuracy, propellant margin requirements analyses, software algorithms and parameter verification, guided trajectory verification, launch support, post-flight analyses, evaluation of contractor studies, wide range of special studies
- Frequent interaction and coordination with customer and contractors
- Prepare and present technically challenging briefings and reports.
- Form and lead multi discipline teams
- BS degree or higher in engineering or science
- Twelve or more years of related engineering experience
- Experience in launch vehicle Guidance and Navigation
- Ability to effectively interact with program office, engineering, customers and contractor personnel is required
- Experience to form and lead multi-disciplined teams
- Ability to effectively summarize and present results of technical issues to our customers, contractors and Aerospace management in oral, written and briefing formats
- A Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Some travel
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or Science
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: PROJECT ENGR SR
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 31101