Senior Project Engineer, Water Resources]
Step in and join our dynamic Water Resources/Systems team! Headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, MNS Engineers, Inc. (MNS) provides comprehensive infrastructure services, including engineering, surveying, and construction management to the Transportation, Water, and Government Services markets in California. We are currently in need of a skilled and innovative designer to join our Water Resources Design team. We are seeking an individual capable of profitably managing design projects while producing an excellent work product for our clients, as well as building a strong team through mentoring and recruitment.
To coordinate, oversee, review and take responsible charge on the delivery of projects related to the planning and design of water/wastewater systems (pipelines, pump stations, treatment systems, and similar), as well as the study of floodplain and storm water to the design of drainage systems, and similar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Apply and oversee team application of accepted engineering practices and techniques for water and wastewater treatment processes and collection/distribution designs.
- Oversee approach, development, and delivery of engineering reports and studies for water and wastewater projects including treatment and collection/distribution.
- Oversee (and participate as needed) detailed design efforts for a wide array of water and wastewater projects, ranging from collection and distribution to treatment and reuse with particular emphasis on projects associated with municipal systems.
- Oversee hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of systems, providing guidance and support as needed.
- Design drainage systems for transportation and other projects with site development elements.
- Manage field investigations and data processing to obtain data necessary for analysis and design work.
- Ensure quality assurance for project elements such as preparation of permit applications, materials testing, CADD work, and other related tasks.
- Interact effectively with the general public, officials, and contractors.
- Prepare scopes, budgets, and schedules and monitor same.
- Independently evaluate, select and adapt standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Assign tasks to and coordinate with engineering, technical and administrative staff in a team environment.
- Prepare and complete project documents including plan, specifications, and studies.
- Assist with proposals to provide professional services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, LICENSURE, OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited program
- Professional Engineer License from the State of California
- Valid California driver’s license
- Continuing education as required for license and industry change developments
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 10 years of industry experience with increasing levels of knowledge, responsibility and leadership requirements
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects
- Ability to design a complete project, system, component, or process
- Ability to formulate and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with specialized computer software: Autodesk Civil 3D, and various modeling software
- Job Tracking ID: 20182232WLVWAT