We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is a seasoned Senior Project Engineering professional working independently. Supports the development of project plans, schedules and budgets, tracks progress, resolves problems, develops solutions, and forecasts project revenue. Coordinates with other functional organizations. Identifies and addresses project problems, analyzes data gathered, and develops solutions and recommendations to solve problems, meet deadlines and optimize performance.
- Supports the development of project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Tracks progress, identifies and resolves obstacles to minimize disruption to project schedules to ensure smooth project operations.
- Forecasts project revenues, monitors costs and re-estimates project costs on a monthly basis to maximize project profitability and ensure business targets are met.
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding to optimize performance and increase efficiency of work.
- Maintains and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s) to track progress and ensure that established targets are met.
- Identifies and addresses project problems and recommends resolutions to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Facilitates project tasks with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with overall project objectives.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
- Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
- Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Reviews project, budget status, manages schedules, and prepares reports.
- Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
- Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated masterschedules for project(s).
- Must be able to commit to travel up to 10% of the time.
Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. Person. At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 5 years of aerospace experience. OR Master’s Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 3 aerospace experience.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience with Aerospace Heat Exchangers.
- Experience in the design, manufacture and testing of large systems or products.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and Power Point.
- Skills in Air Oil Cooler, Buffer Air Cooler, Surface Air Oil Cooler, Fuel Oil Cooler and other pertinent heat exchangers / cooler mechanical engineering design efforts preferably in an Aerospace environment.
- Experience outside of aerospace industry in large commercial / military environmental cooling systems.
- Possess strong communication skills, project skills and technical aptitude capable of leading all engineering efforts at the component supplier that are aligned with customer objectives.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.