This Senior Project Engineer will provide coordination of project execution and control for transportation engineering projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. This position is also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects related to roadway design and coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort, and can serve as technical liaison with client on project efforts.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Experience preparing reports, plans, calculations, estimates and designs for transportation projects.
- Serves as a task lead as part of a large project team
- Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design within budget and on schedule
- Organize scheduling of specific tasks and assignments
- Mentor less experienced engineers on technical designs
- Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline
- Collaborates closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Works in MicroStation to help design roadway projects
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of TxDOT and AASHTO project requirements
- Master's degree in Engineering
- TxDOT Local Government Project Procedure (LGPP) training
- Experience with MicroStation SS4 and Open Roads design software
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Supervises and guides team to overall project objectives.
- Provides senior-level technical expertise to client on project aspects within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 10 years relevant experience.