What We're Looking For
Now is the time to join HNTB! We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our team in delivering exciting projects to our clients.
This Senior Project Engineer will provide coordination of project execution and control for transportation engineering projects to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. This position is also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects related to roadway design and coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort, and can serve as technical liaison with client on project efforts.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Experience preparing reports, plans, calculations, estimates and designs for transportation projects.
- Serves as a task lead as part of a large project team
- Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design within budget and on schedule
- Organize scheduling of specific tasks and assignments
- Mentor less experienced engineers on technical designs
- Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline
- Collaborates closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Works in MicroStation to help design roadway projects
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of TxDOT and AASHTO project requirements
- Master's degree in Engineering
- TxDOT Local Government Project Procedure (LGPP) training
- Experience with MicroStation SS4 and Open Roads design software
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team's work. Supervises and guides team to overall project objectives.
- Provides senior-level technical expertise to client on project aspects within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 10 years relevant experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
EOE including disability and vet
#HighwaysAbout UsFor more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more by visiting HNTB Total Rewards.HNTB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer .HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.Work AuthorizationIn compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work