The Senior Project Engineer performs complex implant and instrument design work, leads large projects, and actively participates on multi functional teams to advance assigned projects through the design/development process though launch to the market.
- The primary focus of this position will be sustaining Engineering and Post-Market Support
- Interface with surgeons to gather input for design and evaluation of new products.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of surgical procedures to develop innovative solutions that satisfy customer needs.
- Actively participate on cross-functional design teams and lead large projects.
- Model and detail implant and instrumentation designs utilizing ProE software.
- Develop prototypes and test protocols, and execute testing for design verification and validation.
- Utilize and manage Design Controls.
- Develop and manage work plans and timeliness within the scope of assigned projects.
- Set direction and manage engineers within the scope of assigned projects.
- Mentor engineers in best practices, industry trends, and other engineering skills.
- 4 yeardegree (plus a minimum of 5 years experiencerequired), or advanced degree
- 5 to 10 years of product design experience, medical device industry preferred.
- Provides moderate strategic and moderate tactical input.
- Moderate project management skills.
- Very Good technical communication skills / good general communication skills.
- Familiarity with design controls within a regulated industry.
- High experience with a parametric CAD package, ProE preferred.
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: Up to 25%