McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we’ve also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking. As a result, we’ve created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That’s what our clients want. That’s why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art design of facilities that treat, preserve and conserve the earth’s finite water resources and optimize existing infrastructure and resources. Our highly respected teams of engineers and surveyors are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future while helping communities leverage their infrastructure.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Water team. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in structural design of water and wastewater facilities as part of a multi-discipline project team and shall serve as the lead structural engineer providing technical and design services in support of projects as part of a multi-discipline project team.
- Develop detailed structural designs for a wide variety of projects, including water and wastewater treatment facilities, pump stations, lift stations, tanks, vaults, and other ancillary buildings and structures associated with water and sewer infrastructure projects.
- Complete structural engineering design tasks within budget and on schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate technical evaluations and designs with the project team and the client.
- Technical writing of reports and correspondence with other discipline professionals, as well as with representatives of the client organization.
- Must stay current with Local, State & Federal Design Standards and Regulations.
- Review of shop drawings, RFI’s, material submittals and other construction documents and respond to contractor’s questions during the construction phase of a project.
- Make periodic site visits during the construction of a project to observe construction progress and compliance with the design.
- In addition, this person will have opportunity and responsibility to develop new work and clients related to structural engineering services.
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering with a structural focus.
- Masters degree focused in Structural Engineering preferred but not required.
- FL PE or ability to acquire FL PE license through reciprocity.
- 10-15 years of experience in structural analysis and design of water and wastewater related facilities and structures.
- Knowledge of Florida Building Code and International Building code, design standards including ASCE, ACI and AISC.
- Experience with structural analysis and finite element software such as StaadPro and Visual Analysis.
- Experience developing structural calculations in spreadsheet type software like Excel and Mathcad.
- Experience with developing drawing deliverables in Autocad format.
- Technically competent, a team player and good communications required.
- May or may not require a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
McKim & Creed is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and maintains a Drug Free Workplace.