Job Title: Senior Project Engineer-Subsystem Design Job Code: SAS20201412-54205 Job Location: Van Nuys, CA Job Description:
L3Harris is seeking an experienced Systems/Project Engineer to join our talented team! This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to our Radar and Reconnaissance technology products that support war fighters for the U.S.A. and our allies. You will join a great team of talented professionals with world class technical expertise who take a collaborative approach to engineering and enjoy working together.
As the Project Engineer, you will be the final product owner, and needs to be capable of working independently while managing and directing complex projects and processes. You will need to closely with the Program Manager, and Chief or Lead Systems Engineer as you collaboratively execute the project.
Your primary responsibility will be for the development, management and execution, of a project plan through the entire life-cycle of the project. Your responsibilities include translating and fulfilling Contract Requirements as defined by the Statement of Work and Technical Specification(s), while adhering to and/or tailoring L3Harris Policies and Procedures. General Duties include:
- Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release.
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and distribution.
- Develops, plans, and manages schedules and budgets.
- Directs and monitors the product/project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance.
- Ensures completion of the product/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Ensures that products/projects delivered meet customer/stakeholder requirements and specifications.
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
- Develops statements of work for subcontractors and ensures performance of those subcontractors.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related discipline and minimum 6 years of project engineering or management experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of project engineering experience with a technical background on engineering focused developments.
- Experience in detailed design (electrical, mechanical, or software engineering).
- Experience in systems engineering and technical leadership of electronic subsystem design.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience managing projects with budgets up to $20M.
- Experience managing programs and performing cost accounting using Earned Value, reporting cost and schedule metrics, and creating variance reports.
- Background in RF, Radar, and/or ESM Systems is a huge plus.
- PMP Certified desired.
- Top Secret or Secret security clearance desired.
- Experience working proposals.
- Experience supporting government customers.
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action process and techniques.
- Experience in Risk and Opportunity Management.
- Experience in Configuration and Change Management.
- Requirements Analysis and Development.
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures.
- Process Improvement.
- Documentation Skills.
- Circuit Design.
- DoD and Agile Development.