Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Completes engineering projects by organizing and controlling project elements to support medical device manufacturing operation and new technology deployment. This position is responsible for all phases of the product/project life cycle, from inception through production activities.
Manage and coordinate process and project engineering activities to support 7x 24 fabrication of medical devices. This position will have impact across all Rochester Plant functions. The position will serve as an individual contributor and project leader for teams of up to 20 professionals.
- Develops project objectives by creating/reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with plant management and other company stakeholders including commercial, regulatory, medical affairs, R&D, quality.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; works with functional managers in matrix organization to assign personnel to phases and elements.
- Align stakeholders and necessary resources to the project plan from beginning to the end, as well as identify and mitigate issues in a proactive manner, elevating to appropriate senior management as necessary
- Determines/maintains project schedule by studying project plan and objectives; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements, coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Prepares capital expenditure requests by collecting internal and external supplier quotes and gathers necessary management approvals.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing informationn; recommending actions.
- Writes and coordinates execution of test strategies, engineering studies, equipment/process qualifications and process validations.
- Ensures project compliance to company policies and quality directives including change control, validation, NC/CAPA.
- Provide process engineering support for manufacturing operations to drive continuous improvements in quality, unit cost, and process efficiency.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Key Relationships: Plant functional groups, Contact Lens Engineering, Commercial, R&D, Regulatory, Medical Affairs, Quality, Supply Chain/Planning, & Equipment suppliers.
- Education: BS required, degree in Engineering (MS Engineering or MBA preferred)
- Specialized Training: Requirements Analysis, Project Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Process Improvement, Technical Understanding, Documentation Skills, Presentation Skills, Supervision and Team Building, LEAN / 6 Sigma, Validation
- 5+ years in Technical Project role demonstrating a progression of skills. Medical device manufacturing or other FDA regulated industry experience preferred. Innovation, project management skills, problem solving &analytical skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks, the ability to self-direct & prioritiztize, and excellent communication skills are essential.
Be Aware of Recruiting Fraud
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read Valeant’s Job Offer Fraud Statement.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.