What We're Looking For
The time is right to join HNTB! We are seeking a Senior Project Engineer - Roadway to join our Arlington, VA or surrounding offices.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Responsibility for preparing highway and civil design work products including plans, specifications, estimates, reports, and other related deliverables
- Serving as project-level technical interface with professionals leading design in other disciplines including structures, drainage, traffic, rail/transit, electrical, and tolling.
- Direct supervision of junior engineer staff, with emphasis on design production and quality management
- Supporting growth and career development of junior engineers through design oversight, mentoring, and training
- Supporting Project Managers with project-level scoping, estimating, and scheduling activities
- Supporting business development activities through established relationships with owner agencies and marketing support activities
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
What You'll Need
- Experience delivering transportation infrastructure design projects in Maryland, Virginia, or DC
- Experience supporting design-build and/or P3 projects
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Interest and complementary experience in drainage and/or utility design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D software
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Maryland, DC, or Virginia, with the ability to obtain licensure in additional jurisdiction(s) within six months of hire
- Working knowledge of Microstation, Geopak SS10 and/or ORD
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical delivery with a team of direct reporting junior engineers
- Demonstrated ability to apply AASHTO and state DOT design guidance, policies, and practices to address complex design challenges
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team's work. Supervises and guides team to overall project objectives.
- Provides senior-level technical expertise to client on project aspects within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 10 years relevant experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
EOE including disability and vet
#HighwaysAbout UsFor more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more by visiting HNTB Total Rewards.HNTB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer .HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.Work AuthorizationIn compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work