The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for managing overall engineering design efforts for Design-only and/or Design-Build/EPC projects. Design-only projects will encompass engineering design work for traditional design-bid-build projects. Design-Build/EPC projects will encompass all design, procurement and construction management activities.
- Manage overall engineering design efforts for Design-only and EPC Oil, Gas and Chemical projects.
- Prepare and manage final engineering man-hour budgets.
- Manage implementation of Quality Program for engineering designs.
- Manage independent quality/completeness reviews of engineering deliverables.
- Direct and manage field engineering services.
- Manage engineering design schedule, budget and progress measurement functions with project controls teams.
- Manage, prepare and submit client change orders.
- Lead engineering preparation of subcontract plan and subcontractor bid and award packages.
- Manage turnover and start-up plans.
- Manage and expedite vendor and fabrication shop progress.
- Manage preparation of and/or prepare monthly client status reports.
- Manage meetings and review meetings status.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 7 years of direct project engineering experience managing design efforts for Design-only and EPC projects.
- BS in Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required.
- Expert knowledge in degreed engineering discipline. Basic knowledge in all other engineering disciplines.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- Strong facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem solving skills.
- Highly effective communicator with clear and concise writing and presentation skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to develop and manage workplans, schedules and budgets.
- Provide leadership to a diverse project teams will be preferred.