NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
Provides supervision for preparation of system design drawings and specifications for new construction, existing facilities expansion, and renovation projects in the commercial, hospitality and gaming market sectors. Projects will be of high complexity. Responsible for applying engineering fundamentals to designs of systems. Has demonstrated expertise in one or more areas of discipline expertise internal to company and within the industry.
- Obtains basic data from documents, occupant interviews, and field measurements.
- Communication with internal staff, clients, other consultants/disciplines and contractors.
- Coordinates and oversees preparation of floor plans, site plans, and other drawings for complex structures.
- Compiles specifications and contract documents.
- Performs field review of existing facilities to determine and verify relevant services and site layout, and to coordinate construction with plans and specifications.
- Responsible for overall system design, sizing and layout, selection of components for systems design.
- Understands AutoCAD and Revit concepts.
- Mentors / trains less experienced staff.
- Conflict resolution with internal staff, clients, other consultants/disciplines and contractors.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for discipline financial performance of projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to perform the duties specified with prior project experience at an equivalent level of responsibility. Minimum 10 years experience.
- PE in California for discipline of practice or ability to obtain through comity or reciprocity.
- Proven ability to design, coordinate and manage projects.
- Proven ability to collect field data and accurately record findings.
- Proven ability to applyengineering fundamentals to design of systems.
- Proven ability to oversee preparation of floor, site, and other discipline plans.
- Proven ability to perform field review and make necessary adjustments to conform to job specifications.
- AutoCAD, Revit and BIM knowledge preferred.
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate with project team, both internal and external.
- Proficiency using Newforma, Microsoft tools including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel and Deltek.