Job Title: Senior Project Engineer-Secret Clearance
Job Code: SAS20212302-57013
Job Location: Clifton, NJ
- Responsible for successfully leading the execution of Electronic Warfare project teams to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule
- Responsible for successfully leading a project team to meet customer requirements within allocated cost and schedule commitments in a growing business area.
- Develops, oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer.
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
- Assesses engineering issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Identifies, tracks, mitigates, manages, and dispositions program-level risks and opportunities.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received.
- Understands how to develop a schedule using Earned Value (EV), and manage a project using the Earned Value Indicators.
- Participate in small teams and perform a wide variety of tasks
- Must have ability and willingness to work in a collaborative team environment on quick reaction projects and will have regular contact with customers.
- Bachelors Degree and 6 years of relevant experience OR Masters Degree and 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in complex, multi-discipline programs including but not limited to; optical, mechanical, electrical, systems, software, and thermal engineering with a background in space systems
- Experience in Government contracts and how they are organized and place on contract.
- Experience with best practices for Project Engineering, EVMS, and program execution.
- Experience in Military Avionics development programs is required.
- Active Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience leading Government Contract development programs
- Experience or knowledge of Government contract acquisition lifecycle a plus
- Experience with management of design to cost activities.
- Experience with program pursuit and proposal activities.
- Experience in Root Cause Corrective Action process and techniques
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Electronic Warfare knowledge is a plus