Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days!
Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Description and Responsibilities
Location: Remote / Home Office Based, by major airport
Mobility: Frequent travel (up to 70%) between sites within the NA Region
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
- Analyze and evaluate project designs and ensure compliance with engineering principles and company standards including sanitary design, and health, safety, and environmental standards
- Oversee all phases of assigned projects from inception to final operation. Responsibilities include project development and planning, estimating, reporting, organizing project staff, coordinating, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and financial control
- Must be able to work well with Plant Operations, Safety, Quality, and Maintenance
- Prepare estimates for capital improvements and any related services for management review and approval. Also, develop and write capital proposals for additional projects, within the major project, as well as improvements
- Develop and prepare all project documentation including: Project Success Criteria, SOW, specifications, schedules, process flow diagrams (PFDs), piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), site and floor plans, elevation drawings, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Negotiate with and Qualify suppliers of equipment and services related to projects.
- Submit for and manage capital budgets related to projects
- Upon approval of capital; finalizing of equipment specifications, Project Success Criteria, schedules, team roles & responsibilities, CQV activities
- Work with Procurement Group, Legal Team, Insurance teams, and Financial Controllers to prepare purchasing documents related to project equipment and work
- Must be able to present project updates to Sr. Leadership and prepare Executive Briefs/Summaries
- Develop and evaluate projects utilizing traditional methods of investigation as well as pre-engineering/Front End Engineering process
- Manage 3rd party/contract engineering teams as assigned
- Assure compliance with Kerry’s sanitary design standards. Assist the sanitary design groups to complete hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP) studies and assure current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs) compliance
- Conduct feasibility studies for new or existing systems
- Direct the integration of technical activities and equipment to ensure all criteria related to project success are met
- Maintain awareness of new technology and equipment and subsequently develop projects to drive process improvement. Key technologies include: blending, batching, IQF, pasteurization, filtration, micro/ultrafiltration, evaporation, spray drying, sifting, blending, milling, packaging, automation, and clean-in-place (CIP) systems
- Conduct Factory acceptance Testing and start-up field testing and troubleshoot new, modified, and current systems and equipment related to a project. Train personnel responsible for operation of equipment.
- Provide guidance to appropriate individuals regarding preventative maintenance. May recommend schedules for equipment repair in order to meet existing and changing requirements, including modified production rates that influence equipment operation
- Create and modify drawings in AutoCAD
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, preferably a Mechanical, Chemical or Packaging Engineering Degree
- 6+ years Engineering experience in a food/beverage manufacturing/operational environment.
- Must have led projects in a Food/Beverage/Pharma Manufacturing Plant
- Must have a working understanding of sanitary design principals, CIP/COP, quality systems for food manufacturing, & GMPs
- Well versed in OSHA Guidelines, NFPA, and FSMA
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Excellent Written & Verbal communication skills
- Versed in project schedules, cost estimates, PFDs, BFDs, P&IDs, site and elevation drawings, utilities requirements development, interpretation of P&IDs, with a good understanding of process and instrumentation control.
- Able to independently manage multiple priorities, and achieve results under pressure.
- Must enjoy hands-on problem solving in a manufacturing environment.
- More specific parameters related to this position will be defined by the current project including, but not limited to, budget, contacts, amount of travelrequired, functional accountability.
- Compliance with federal, state, local and Company regulations regarding safety, health and environmental matters.
- Travel Required: 70% (Average oftravel- Primarily within N. America)
- Home office or remote based.
- Preferred locations are: Dallas/Ft. Worth TX, WI, MI, MN, NE, IA
Requisition ID 2018-14002