The primary duties of the Senior Project Engineer will be to provide engineering design leadership, client support, and assistant management for roadway and municipal projects in Ontario supporting the activities of the Project Manager.
- Should be viewed as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves problems of greater scope and complexity.
- A Senior Engineer in this role will plan, organize, check, and supervise work of staff of professionals and technicians, although may serve as assistant project manager on larger projects, project management is not sole focus of this position.
- Supports the development of proposals and pursuits through the development of workplans, time-task estimates, and approaches to resolving engineering issues.
- Maintains significant, daily contact with existing clients to ensure ongoing client satisfaction on multiple projects.
- Leads the preparation of the Plans, Specifications and Estimate of a moderate to large highway/roadway project or projects, coordinate with sub-consultants, coordinate with the client
- Supports the Project Manager to keep the project on schedule, within budget
- Performs or assures that quality control is accomplished for each project
- Supervises civil design team or teams, and performs more complicated design work on larger projects
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Masters preferred.
- P. Eng. is required.
- Minimum of 8+ years' experience including: 5+ years of engineering development, design, and delivery of mid to large public sector detail design roadway projects; and a minimum of 5+ years of experience specifically working on public sector detailed design projects in Canada.
- Must be experienced with developing Tender documents.
- Must be proficient with Microstation/InRoads or AutoCad/Civil3D or other design software as appropriate.
- Solid knowledge and application of TAC Manual, MTO Geometrics Design Manual, OPSS and OPSD is required.
- Experience working on MTO, York Region, Peel Region, Durham Region, or City of Toronto projects required.
- Experience working on Design-Build projects desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ability to work with discipline area teams and subconsultants.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate costs to complete for engineering staff and control budgets.
- Must be a good team worker and decision maker.
- MS Office and MS Project experience is required.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.