General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We are currently hiring a Senior Project Engineer of RF Sensors that will be a key member within the Aircraft Systems (AS) Mission Payloads and Exploitation (MPEx) group. In this capacity, the Senior Project Engineer will represent GA-ASI MPEx Technology Development efforts, supporting multiple RF systems technologies and related development. The Project Engineer will report into the Manager of RF Project Engineering efforts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Perform System Engineering activities for RF sensor development on Unmanned Aircraft (UA) programs.
- Perform system analysis/trades, generate requirements, and develop system architecture and designs.
- Support the development of test plans and manage the integration, verification and validation of RF & EW sensors through flight test.
- Troubleshoot conflicting design/development requirements, difficult coordination requirements, and special material requirements.
- Coordinate and interface with customers, contractors, and engineering groups assigned to projects.
- Develop program plans, estimates, and schedules and execute programs in accordance with those plans.
- Provide support for proposals and white papers.
- Represent company at technical reviews, meetings and system level integrations.
- Provides direction to technical staff and may lead a team diverse cross-functional staff.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; nine or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, seven or more years of experience with a masters degree, or four or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice with the ability to organize, plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones with some experience in project leadership.
- Must have experience developing RF sensors with SME experience in one or more of the following areas: antennas/arrays, RF front ends, digital receivers, algorithms and post processing.
- Must have systems engineering experience with RF sensors
- Experience in aircraft payload integration is desirable.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout a fast-paced, R&D environment.
- Must have strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively interface with other departments, customers, government representatives, and/or professionals.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required (~25%).