Project engineers will work closely with all members of the project team and will be responsible for the following:
- Participation and application of DPR’s environmental health and safety plan to constantly maintain injury-free environments including performing weekly safety audits.
- Mentor, develop and train team members for fast-paced growth.
- Management of other project engineer team members.
- Understanding and enforcement of contracts, including between DPR and subcontractors as well as DPR and the owner.
- Assist superintendent and project manager in the implementation of DPR policies and the execution of the project.
- Organizing the duties of other engineers, field office coordinator, project accountant and other assigned project staff. This includes providing direction, prioritization, and performance feedback.
- Participation in trainings and company meetings to facilitate individual and company growth.
- Organizing and electronically archiving project files for easy access by the project team.
- Preparation, monitoring, and updating project schedules. Working with the superintendent to impact the schedule with project constraints.
- Preparation, maintenance, and implementation of various document control entities such as daily reports, material procurement logs, submittal logs, as-builts, testing and inspection logs, RFI logs, and change order logs.
- Distribution of new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI responses, and other project information to all affected parties.
- Identifying, assembling, negotiating, and distributing change orders to both the owner and subcontractors.
- Preparing agendas, documents, meeting minutes, and actions for various meetings including owner/architect/contractor meetings, subcontractor coordination meetings, safety meetings, and staff meetings.
- Participating in project cost control. This includes maintaining internal records and working with subcontractors to make sure changes are getting paid.
- Preparing owner billing by assembling DPR costs, receiving and reviewing subcontractor invoices and organizing the documents in accordance with the owner’s requirements.
We are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Organized work approach with the ability to adapt and adjust as required to support the projects’ current needs.
- Detailed knowledge of the assigned project scopes with a 100% hands-on approach.
- A desire to seek out and resolve construction problems/conflicts that arise during design and construction phases.
- Goal-orientated approach to promptly coordinate and resolve project issues within the project team (including interfacing with designers, engineers, and owners).
- Excellent listening and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (CMiC, Prolog or similar), scheduling software (Primavera or similar) and BIM software (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks or similar).
- 5+ years of experience as a project engineer, preferably within DPR’s core markets.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic, a “can-do” attitude and a passion for construction.