POSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:
This position is to support the operations business units and facilities management as directed. Manager leads engineering team members, plans and executes capital projects in support of plant operations, warehouse and R&D. The engineer will independently collaborate with cross-functional leaders from procurement, marketing, operations, and R&D to assess business opportunities, understand customer needs and develop capital cost structures to meet project objectives. Performance is measured on the ability to apply core company values to lead engineers and implement multiple projects on time and in budget while working withother functions as a team.
- Provide leadership to the engineering department and set realistic goals to improve business performance. Harvest new ideas and deliver results while acting with integrity and respect.
- Engineer, design and specify equipment systems to meet needs & specifications of the department's customers. Provide structured planning, organization and manage tasks to completion within schedule, budget and scope for all assigned capital projects. Ensure shareholder expectations for results are met.
- Prepare well written clear studies/reports with accurate capital estimates & savings calculations with sufficient documentation to define project scope. Collaborate with internal stakeholders, distribution and operations for capital reduction & improvements with high economic return.
- Embraces change and engages others to adopt new processes, solutions and plans while staying focused on goals and results. Proactively find and promote business improvement opportunities such as projects with high economic return, quality or process improvement, capacity increase, etc.
- Provide layouts of equipment or block flow diagrams to help operations understand floor space requirements and proper ergonomics for cost efficient operations. Select best equipment or design processes to match throughput.
- Improve engineering department services and expand its use by operating and service groups.
- Be familiar with Del Monte lean concepts and apply its principals.
- Improve engineering skills & process knowledge while staying current on the new technology & its application including energy and food processing technology. Encourage a workplace where paper is greatly reduced.
- Establishes clear plan and course of action to accomplish a specific goal. Improve individual & department credibility by maintaining honesty and engage in frequent communication with stakeholders.
- Develop and disseminate appropriate engineering standards that can be used across the company to support standardized equipment selection, safety and meet sanitary construction guidelines.
- Provide technical competency through the application of sound science, general industrial practice or engineering based solutions. Understand current government regulations as it applies to food processing and equipment.
- Provide direction on departmental budgets and annual capital planning.
- Train, enable, and mentor engineering and production staffs.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Food Science or Chemical Engineering
- At least 15years of experience in food and beverage and/or consumer packaged goods industry preferred.
- Energy experience a plus.
- Proficient in CAD tools and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Outlook).
- Fundamental knowledge of business and plant operations including budgeting with lean manufacturing experience
- Leadership skills with supervisory experience
- Travel25% - 50%; international if necessary.