The Senior Project Engineer provides technical, administrative, and managerial support to Project Managers and Project Directors.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops working knowledge of prime contract requirements and applies knowledge to project activities.
- Supports the Project Manager in the development and maintenance of preconstruction, construction, and closeout execution plans. Coordinates review and approval from Project Director and communicates of this information to project team.
- Supports Project Manager in the development and maintenance of written project scopes of work and communication of this information to project team.
- Supports the Project Manager in facilitating communication between project participants and produces documentation of communication between project participants. Supports the Project Manager in the development and maintenance of project schedules, including targeted and actual activities lists, durations, and sequencing logic and communicates this information to the project team.
- Develops a working knowledge of the project budget and identifies exceptions to the project budget throughout execution of the project.
- Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of the Monthly Status Report and PSR.
- Assists Project Manager to prepare, set-up and manage IPS Program Management systems.
- Participates in Safety reviews and / or Pre-planning / JSA meetings as necessary.
- Review of all shop drawings and submittals and ensure that the submittals and shop drawings are in conformance with the design prior to submission to the design professional.
- Assist with Punch List management.
- Assist the Project Manager in completing the close-out requirements and Turnover Documents (TOP’s).
- Supports the Project Manager in monitoring and reporting project costs.
- Supports the Project Manager in the development of change control documentation and related financial documentation. Vigorously protects corporate positions.
- Supports the Accounting in preparation of invoices to client.
- Develops a thorough understanding of contractually required quality in design and construction and supports quality assurance for the project.
- Supports Project Manager in coordination of safety resources to monitor site safety and correct nonconformances.
- Monitors design content and quality and coordinates design revisions for constructability and compliance with basis documents, schedule, and budget.
- Supports Project Manager in the procurement and coordination of all required project resources, including intra-divisional, interdivisional, and extra corporate.
- Supports the Project Manager in the preparation of subcontract, purchase order, and change control documentation and related financial documentation.
- Supports the Project Manager in the evaluation of vendor and subcontractor invoices.
- Supports the Project Manager in facilitating communication between project participants and produces documentation of communication between project participants.
- Works with Document Control to ensures that all project documents are distributed, reviewed, and stored to meet project and corporate requirements. Project documents include records of communications, design documents, bid packages and addenda and bulletins thereto, and submittals, among others.
- Supports the Project Manager in ensuring compliance of project activities with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Supports Project Managers and Executives in the preparation of proposals, presentations, and other sales and marketing documents.
- Coordinates resources to achieve project goals.
- Interacts with clients on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience in Engineering, Project Delivery or a related discipline.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- This position will have 25% travel, or as required by the assigned project. Position may be assigned to client site for an extended period of time. Overnight travel or staying in the city of Client’s location is possible depending on assignment. Please review IPS Travel Policy. Position will visit Client sites and will be required to adhere to stated safety rules. Position will visit construction sights and will be required to take site safety training and adhere to site safety rules.
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is considered a field contractor supervisor and acts in a supervisory role for field work. For IPS employees or subcontractors.
- Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization. Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Must approach their work enthusiastically with a contagious energy and drive that shows everyone they love what they do.
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
- Must conduct oneself with an uncompromising commitment to the welfare of our clients and each other. Must act in an ethical, professional and respectful manner at all times.
- Must exhibit the ability to build and sustain long term relationships of mutual value through teamwork.
- Must be driven to succeed and committed to goal attainment.