Support and consistently reinforce Coastal’s Core Values, acts as a resource for the Project Managers and Superintendents, providing technical, administrative and training support, with an emphasis on project engineering. Leads the engineering staff and provides technical oversight for preconstruction and early works, and sets up project files for construction phase.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Ensures strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements throughout the company.
- Supports and drives utilization of Coastal’s initiatives and technology systems.
- Fosters and enhances owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
- Suggests updates and improvements to procedures manuals including new procedures for areas not covered.
- Collaborates and attends meetings with architects and engineers on various topics important to the industry.
- Collects best practices or good examples and formats for various procedures or methods, and shares with other projects.
- Understands Coastal’s Contract and Subcontract Agreements.
- Assesses information necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified by the contract documents for the project.
- Performs constructability review during preconstruction on assigned projects. Supports GMP preparation and/or estimate preparation as required.
- Reviews documents for general conformance to national and local building codes and Coastal’s internal policies.
- Oversees the document control process for all addenda, ASIs, CCDs, CICs and other directives and revisions. Manages the proper distribution of revisions to the General Superintendent, field, and all subcontractors including updates and maintenance of as-builts.
- Administers technical aspects of the contract documents with the owner’s consultants and subcontractors to ensure that all technical aspects of the project are being addressed.
- Actively participates in the start-up of each project and maintains a continuous general overview of the Engineering procedures.
- Manages control line and coordination process including coordination of meetings with subcontractors and distribution of updated coordination drawings to field staff and subcontractors.
- Reviews and distributes minutes of meetings associated with the project.
- Conducts weekly inspections of construction site to ensure compliance with technical requirements.
- Ensures strict adherence to technical requirements of the contract documents.
- Oversees use of Project Management System to:
- Prepare drawings logs.
- Log-in, track and review shop drawings and submittals.
- Create and update vendor and subcontractor Contact Log.
- Submit, track response and issue Requests for Information.
- Tracks all plan revisions submissions to municipalities.
- Takes monthly videos/pictures and distribute for monthly management meetings.
- Sets up and attends OAC meetings.
- Assists Project Manager and Project Executive with any additional duties.
- Tracks the delivery and process of all necessary manuals to the owner. Consolidates project documentation and files.
- Tracks the assembling, distributing and filing of all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
- Turns over to the owner all required Close-out documents as requested by the Senior Project Manager or Project Manager.
- Assists in managing subcontractor closeout, transfer of utilities, owner training, and punch list process.
- Responsible for off-site document storage and retrieval.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in the construction industry.
- 2+ years on projects related to LEED construction and management.