Senior Project Engineer
11 - 15 years experience • Chemicals
Our client is a global growing manufacturer of specialty chemicals used in industrial and consumer products.
Due to an internal promotion we are conducting a search to find a Senior Project Engineer to oversee the design and construction of capital improvement and replacement projects for their Chicago, IL manufacturing site.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager this individual will be responsible for overseeing the successful concept through start-up of projects while ensuring the projects are under or on budget, on schedule, and that specifications are being adhered to in a safe manner.
This will include:
- Study existing processes, equipment, manufacturing procedures to identify areas for potential improvement projects
- Must understand chemical processes and bottlenecks, production and maintenance with a focus on developing projects in order to make improvements
- Work collaboratively with the Site Manager, Engineering Manager, and internal Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical and consulting Civil Engineers involved with the design, cost estimation, bid-packages, contractor selection, construction and start-up
- Apply design knowledge in chemical plants, especially continuous process, to the process, electrical, instrumentation and controls, mechanical and structural / civil design.
- Analyze complex engineering problems and offer effective resolutions.
- Interact with design engineers, site engineers, and regulatory agencies.
- Provide insight, guidance, and technical review of engineering and design drawings, specifications; procurement documents, bid evaluations of equipment and systems required to support the contract.
- Provide insight, guidance, technical review and approval of project documents and submittals.
- Be a technical resource to the start-up and testing /commissioning group during startup, testing and commissioning of the plant.
Prerequisites and Qualifications Requirements:
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Chemical or equivalent engineeringdegree
- 10 plus years’ capital project engineering work experience in chemical or petrochemical plants
- Project Management role in engineering and design of chemical process projects, with the demonstrated ability to work with cross discipline team members.
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills.
- Proven system installation, startup, testing and commissioning experience.