Boeing Defense, Space & Security is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to support their Network Space Systems group in El Segundo.
- Provides the Engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
- Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements.
- Works with customers and management to obtain approval.
- Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement. Identifies performance metrics.
- Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program.
- Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity.
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned.
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans.
- Works under minimal direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Active SSBI is preferred.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required.
5 years experience minimum in military/commercial space electronics program/project management.
Experience developing and/or integrating electronic systems or subsystems
Requires educational background and work related experience in the design, development, fabrication, assembly, integration and test of spacecraft electronics.
Requires functional knowledge of spacecraft products,
processes, systems and applications.
Experience costing, scheduling, detailed program planning, risk
management, subcontract management, earned value reporting and proposal response preparation.
BSEE/BSME, MSEE/MSME/MBA desirable and/or demonstrated equivalent years of experience within the military aerospace industry.
Exceptional interpersonal and organization skills in
conjunction with excellent written and oral communication capabilities.
Able to effectively interact throughout all levels of the organization and customer community and manage diverse cross functional teams
comprised of exempt, nonexempt and hourly personnel.
Self starter with essential multi-tasking skills and the ability to perform in an environment with minimal supervision and guidance.