Senior Project Engineer opportunity on our Kalamazoo, MI team!
- Responsibilities include accountability for all aspects of project execution including line layout engineering, vendor/contractor management, equipment procurement, schedule management, packaging integration, project finances, site management and installation support.
- This position requires the ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities. Candidates need to possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors. Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Requires excellent engineering and project management skills, computer skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, & AutoCAD), and excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. Candidates must be proficient at converting verbal, written, and other media-based information into project documentation, managing integration of packaging automation lines, and leading project teams.
- Minimum Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- Minimum 7 years of project engineering/management experience with packaging line and/or automation applications. Special consideration will be given to individuals with experience in the food, beverage, dairy, brewery and consumer goods industries.
Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.