Provide process and project engineering support across various engineering disciplines in conjunction with Safety, Quality, Operations, and R&D. This position primarily services the Bridgeton, MO location. Assistance may be required at other Balchem locations, dependent on business needs.
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Performs Job Hazard Analyses, Safety Observations, and training as required. Responsible for the safe performance of contract work in the facility. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
- Determines the feasibility of proposed projects and recommends the structural, mechanical, electrical, operational or other requirements, for Sr. management approval.
- Coordinates cross-functional scope, design, and project reviews.
- Designs, develops, and installs approved construction and manufacturing projects.
- Coordinates and supervises the implementation process for approved projects. Responsible for performance to budget and timeline for his or her projects.
- Submits recommendations on Safety, Quality, and Efficiency initiatives and projects to Senior Management for approval.
- Coordinates and supervises the work of contractors, design engineers, and specialists.
- Ensures that specifications, material requirements, drawings and estimating of project costs are completed, compiles the results and prepares recommendations/capital appropriations.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for equipment and services to assure timely completion of projects.
- Ensures the preparation of activity reports to keep others informed about the status of projects and activities.
- Submits periodic budget and status reports on capital items under his or her control.
- Develop/submit project lists, justifications and cost estimates for the capital planning process.
- Prepares SOP's for engineering functions, production operations, plant processes, and general procedures.
- Prepares and organizes engineering drawings and standards for buildings, equipment and processes.
- Monitors plant procedures, plant processes, equipment maintenance and makes informed recommendations for improved operations.
- Provides engineering assistance to other departments as needed.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical preferred) with a detailed knowledge of process design, controls, project management, mechanical design, and construction methods and their practical application.
A minimum of 10 years of experience including project management and scheduling, plant operations, equipment maintenance and process control equipment and theory.
Travel to other Balchem locations may be required from time to time.