The role is focused on the design and development of Electric Vehicle propulsion solutions. The primary responsibility is to design, develop, test and release e-mobility propulsion solutions
- Develop "clean sheet" structural and housing designs and design modifications using sound engineering principles, GD&T, and tolerance stacks with the understanding of casting design guidelines
- Perform engineering calculations: bolted joints, housing press fits, required machined stock, etc
- Direct and collaborate with CAD deisgners to develop new product concepts
- Develop Bill of Materials
- Design new parts in CAD and review FEA results and make design judgements: may include cast housings, covers, small cast and machined components, etc.
- Establish leak check pass/fail criteria
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of new designs and modifications to components and sub-systems
- Support and solve component deviation requests, durability and other field issues
- Determine appropriate DVP&R level to validate the product and execute to completion by initiating Test Requests, supporting data review and interpretation and thorough review of Test Reports.
- Support DFMEA, PFMEA activity and assessment to Best Practices to guide product design; including either generation of new or modification of existing
- Develop a solid understanding of the manufacturing aspects of design and provide manufacturing support
- Work with suppliers, Purchasing and Supplier Quality Engineers to support cost reductions, sourcing, design changes, etc.
- Work with internal Advanced Analysis group as required
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of product design and development experience
- Thorough knowledge of structural components and casting design
- Proficient in 3D CAD Tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational and analytical ability required.
- Ability to read drawings and blueprints required.