Jet Avion, a subsidiary of HEICO Corporation (NYSE: HEI), is located at HEICO's corporate headquarters in Hollywood, Florida and specializes in the supply of various platforms of aircraft and engine PMAs. Our products and capabilities vary from cabin interiors to highly complex power plant and accessory parts.
This position is responsible for managing project efforts in pursuit of FAA Parts Manufacturing Approval for airworthy flight hardware. Additional responsibilities of this position include supporting both internal and external stakeholders, creating and implementing policies to streamline departmental operations, mentoring and being a technical resource for the engineering team members.
Responsibilities - Senior Project Engineer:
- Developing complex designs and substantiation packages for FAA Parts Manufacturer Approval applications with minimal or no supervision.
- Coordinating first article or conformity inspection activities between the company's Quality Assurance department, ODA, Technical Services and management.
- Support QA department and vendors questions about drawing interpretation, manufacturing methods, inspection methods, etc.
- Completing Engineering Changes with supporting substantiation as required
- Lead in resolution of service or manufacturing issues.
Education - Senior Project Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
Experience - Senior Project Engineer:
- At least 6-10 years aerospace/mechanical design experience required.
Skills - Senior Project Engineer:
- Proficient with 3D CAD software (Geomagic/DesignX, Solid works, etc.)
- Proficient with mechanical drafting, GD&T, inspection methods and manufacturing processes required
- Experience leading projects, teams and development efforts.
- Experience with risk, metrics and opportunity identification and mitigation.
- Ability to apply engineering calculations including static and dynamic vector mechanics, stress, strain and deformation.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong organizational skills, strict attention to details and ability to multitask and prioritize as necessary, with minimal supervisory direction.
- Understanding the need for urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Knowledge of aircraft engine components, controls & accessories, and/or aircraft interiors required.
- Knowledge of basic structural, thermal, and modal analysis of mechanical components required.
- Knowledge of aerospace materials and coatings required.
- Knowledge of conventional aerospace manufacturing methods, such as milling, turning, grinding, lapping, stamping, forging, casting, molding, EDM, ECM, welding, brazing, heat treating required.