Duties (included but not limited to):
- Actively communicate with stakeholders to manage multiple project Business Owner(s) and team member(s) relationships to accomplish project activities across multiple business groups.
- Prioritize, assign, and oversee multiple projects and programs.
- Author/facilitate strategic documents such as Project or Program Charters, Assessments, Education and/or Communication plans, and detailed project plans, and present project updates/presentations to Business Owners and leaders at multiple levels within the organization.
- Proactively ensure that Parallon project controls are followed for assigned projects.
- Create and maintain the on-boarding process for new staff to ensure all new employees are educated on standard Parallon Project Services processes and standards, as well as business processes and procedures related to the various business units that are supported.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues; manage project/program deliverables, manage and mitigate risk, and ensure change control process for assigned projects and programs across the multiple business entities supported.
- Manage staff (some of whom will be based in other locations) to assure quality of work and integration of team members’ work, to include documenting employee goals, conducting performance reviews for staff as directed, completing competency assessments and action plans for all team members, and ensuring current succession plans are in place for all employees within their assigned organization.
- Mentoring and developing staff in project management skills, as well as functional, technical, and behavioral competencies as required for each job function.
- Facilitate decision-making that is required for progress on assigned programs / projects.
- Assure quality to ensure projects and programs meet all auditing expectations.
- Facilitate the utilization of project implementation documentation, including implementation toolkits and migration schedules.
- Serves as a key change agent for enterprise-wide initiatives, analyzing organizational change implications and recommending methods for managing, communicating, and minimizing the impact to facilities and other areas impacted by change.
- Support the facilitation of programs/projects, as well as manage staffing risks, to ensure proper management of risks and their impact on business initiatives within the organization.
- As a senior member and strategic leader of the Parallon Project Management team, the Senior Project Director is also responsible for building strong relationships with internal (and external when necessary) customers in the business areas and for delivering products and services to meet their needs. Investigates and understands client needs and develops plans to meet those needs. Ensures plans are in place within each business area or service center supported to ensure client effectiveness and monitors their effectiveness.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management/Administration, or other comparable Bachelor’s Degree (may be substituted with 7 to 10 years relevant experience).
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-8 years project management experience in managing multiple projects and programs to successful completion across multiple hospitals, business offices, or health systems, preferably in healthcare revenue cycle
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Experience leading large, enterprise-scale projects or programs preferred
- HCA/Parallon operations and systems knowledge a plus
- Hospital operations, financial services, supply chain, or IT experience a plus
- PMP and/or LEAN certification is preferred, but not required