Be involved in projects with our Project Controls & Technology Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Project Controls Manager for our Chicago office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, implement and execute project controls plans to support contract requirements and the successful execution of project controls supporting project and WSP commercial interests.
- Serve as the focal point for all matters relating to the estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, document control and change management
- and scope/change control for allocated projects and within the business and provide recommendations to the Project Manager/s.
- Resolve issues and provide consistency between the estimating, planning/scheduling, cost control, and scope/change control functions and deliverables.
- Provide for developing and forecasting staffing plans and cost projections for specific projects.
- Develop or refine Project Management Plans and Project Financial Plans for submittal to funding agencies consistent with the project's needs and industry best practices.
- Develop and prepare project control reports with corrective action plans when required.
- Develop and Maintain a Project Earned Value Management System (EVMS) database, to measure progress and calculate performance metrics, analyze and report variances to plan based on predetermined variance thresholds.
- Manage and coordinate work for project controls team, covering scheduling, document control, estimating, risk management and change management.
- Ability to travel as required.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client's objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we'd love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- 15 years experience
- Transit and Building experience desirable
- Rail experience
- Experience in preparing project reports and documentation.
- Experience in establishing project control systems and procedures.
- EVM development, implementation and analysis experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in schedule preparation, schedule integration, and schedule critical path forensic analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of cost management systems and practices.
- High level of experience in scope/change management and claims mitigation and forensic analysis.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline desired, but not required with applicable experience.
- Project Management, schedule or cost management training or certification through Project Management Institute (PMI) or American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE) or other relevant industry organization.
- Background knowledge of the civil engineering and construction industry desired.
- Knowledge of DOE / DOD Earned Value Management Criteria
- Knowledge of project controls software such as COBRA, PRISM, Procore, InEight desired
- Hands on experience with ORACLE/PRIMAVERA P6 Professional and MS Project
- Class 1 railroad experience desirable