Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Supervises & prepares cost analysis by coordinating and reviewing pricing.
- Coordinate with technical resources for development of pricing documents (fee, burn down plan, resources, schedule) and compile evaluation for business leadership approval.
- Evaluate the pricing & estimate files prepared by others to ensure appropriate fee for engineering services projects.
- Use fundamentals of estimating to develop project cost estimates for diverse scopes and all contract fee types.
- Evaluates risks and prices accordingly through industry-established methods.
- Reads and interprets contracts and proposals to develop appropriate approach to pricing and risk evaluation.
- Develops project controls plans for various project and fee types.
- Develops, prepares, and recommends company guidelines on estimating and financial evaluation of projects.
- Familiar with the pricing requirements of FAR Part 31 and other government contract language commonly encountered during pricing and proposal stage.
- Performs related duties as needed by team and Supervisor.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline (a degree with a focus on Finance or Project Management is preferred) with ten years relevant experience; nine years experience required with Master's degree; or twelve years experience in project control or cost analysis with an Associates Degree.
- Good conceptual design skills and the ability to communicate ideas to management and clients both orally and in writing.
- Very high level of analytical ability.
- Advanced MS Excel skills are required.
- MS Project skills or Primavera skills would be a plus.
- Very high degree of teamwork and a commitment to customer service required.
- Self-starter required.
- Must be capable of working with remote teams.
- Certified Cost Engineer desired. PMP desired