ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
This Project Controls Senior Specialist will provide project cost controls for assigned major and/or multi-year project(s) and/or programs and work with Project Management to ensure the execution is carried out in scope, on schedule, and within budget.
- Develop and maintain project budgets/baselines, short- and long-term forecasts, and expenditure plans for assigned major and/or multi-year project(s) and/or programs. This includes the aggregation, reconciliation, and update to the budget(s), forecast(s) and spending plan(s) according to jurisdiction splits, asset types, cost drivers, and funding sources.
- Develop or prepare routine and complex reports to assist Project Managers and partners to monitor, manage, and forecast costs (e.g. budget, actual, commitment, contingency, cost per unit, cost impact analysis) for assigned major and/or multi-year project(s) and/or programs or in response to internal or external data requests for assigned major and/or multi-year project(s) and/or programs. Create and maintain a cost risk register. Accordingly, evaluate level of contingency needed using appropriate methods.
- Perform complex and specialized research, updates, and data gathering/analysis in areas of cost controls (e.g. budget, actual, commitment, contingency, cost per unit, cost impact analysis). Prepare and present complex results, alternatives, insights, and/or recommendations to support business decisions, to manage project costs and schedules, and to mitigate potential risks to major and/or multi-year project(s) and/or programs.
- Involve and support change control and contract negotiation/claim management. Support the implementation, analysis, and reporting of performance using SCE or industry metrics. Collaborate with stakeholders and utilize applicable estimating, cost management, and/or scheduling knowledge, techniques, and tools to determine and communicate the results (e.g., trend, variance, and cost impact).
- Prepare project controls data request responses and work papers in supporting corporate/governance (e.g. Business Oversight Team and Capital Review Team), internal/external audits, General Rate Cases, and any pertinent regulatory filings. Assess customer needs and determine recommended approach to resolve matters of significance. Apply advance or specialized knowledge following prescribed procedures or determining which procedures or best practices to follow. Determine whether specified standards have been satisfied.
- Possess mentorship responsibility to develop future project controls professionals. Provides training in areas of expertise.
- Bachelor Degree.
- Five or more years' experience in cost controls and/or cost management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical, mechanical, industrial engineering, data science, construction management, project management, business administration or finance.
- Experience in Project Management, Project Controls, and Construction Management, or equivalent experience.
- Utility construction/CA regulated/regulatory/Engineering Procurement & Construction experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge, ability and experience with SAP or similar Enterprise Resource Solutions application.
- Certified Cost Professional, Project Management Professional or Professional Engineer.