- Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult project control problems.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and forecasts current status against an established baseline schedule.
- Assesses the impact(s) of design or construction changes and schedule slippages.
- Reports status of schedule to appropriate project and Company management as well to the client.
- Understands and applies engineering, procurement, and construction terminology, concepts, and relationships.
- Develops and maintains critical path logic networks and bar charts utilizing this information.
- Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
- Accumulates historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
- May supervise and provide performance reviews for one or more lower-level Project Control Engineer/Specialists and/or support personnel.
- Provides input to Sr. Project Control Staff regarding staffing requirements.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent experience) and 5-10 years of related work experience.
Skills / Competencies :
- Requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field. Proficient PC skills including proficiency in various Project Controls software and Microsoft Office Suite.