SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe extraordinary environments are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2017 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
We have a current opportunity for Senior Project Architect to join our downtown Los Angeles office. Our practices offer local, national and international projects of all sizes including opportunities with our other offices. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
Working with us, you will:
- Performing architectural assignments by applying architectural standards.
- Performing work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Writing and reviewing reports and master plans.
- Supervising the preparation of architectural drawings.
- Consulting with manufacturers, evaluates and selects materials.
- Visiting project sites.
- Meeting with owner and user groups to determine program and planning requirements.
An ideal candidate has:
- Registered Architect with a minimum 10-15 years of experience and a minimum of 7 years as a technical architect with design experience.
- Prior experience in Healthcare, Science & Technology, Higher Learning, Cultural, and Office Workplace architecture preferred.
- Responsible for assisting the teams in developing and documenting a shared vision and work plan for each project.
- OSHPD experience required.
- LEED AP or LEED GA preferred.
- Experience in leading other architects and project groups required.
- Experience in conceptualizing and developing building massing, layout, etc. and presenting concepts independently.
- Must have advanced knowledge of AutoCAD Revit with experience in VIZ, Form Z, SketchUp, or other 3-D rendering programs.
- Excellent communication skills, a team player attitude, and the ability to think intuitively are essential.
- An articulate presenter.
- Demonstrated understanding of code implementation and jurisdiction review.
- Demonstrated understanding of construction practices and methodologies
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.