RS&H is looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial Architect that has a focused career in the programming, planning and design of science facilities. It is the intent that the candidate be collaborative and join with existing inhouse Science Facility Team to further broaden our bench-depth and assist in attaining our goals to position RS&H as a national leader in design for the science industry. Final location is flexible within our current footprint or beyond. The following proficiencies are ranked in order of their importance:
- Lead and manage a multi-discipline project team of architects, interior designers, and consultant’s engineers
- Lead project programming, planning, design, development, review, and coordination of contract documents and specifications, coordination of consultants, and administration of construction contracts
- Lead workload projections, manpower scheduling, and manage project profitability
- Assist with consultant’s agreements including scope of work, fees, schedule of deliverables and interfacing with in-house legal resources to ensure timely resolution of issues with contractual terms and conditions
- Lead and mentor junior architectural staff with all aspects of project design and delivery
- Engage with clients and key organizations to strengthen our presence within the sector.
- Laboratory Facility Programming and Planning
- Laboratory Facility Design Production and Quality Contro
- Laboratory Equipment Planning
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 8+ years of experience
- Professional Registration
- Professional and Trade Organization Participation, membership, leadership.
- Publication, Presentation, Lecture experience.
- Proficiency with Revit, MS Office, MS Project, and Sketch-Up
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following:
- Biopharma Development and Production Facilities
- Health Science and Biomedical Research Facilities
- Vivarium Facilities
- Containment and Barrier Facilities
- Basic Research Laboratory Facilities
- Chemical and Physical Science Research Facilities