The Senior Project Architect is a licensed professional responsible for directing the technical aspects of projects, including drawing production and construction administration, for a large project team or multiple project teams.
Position reports to the Studio Managing Director
Position indirectly reports to the Studio Director and Studio Technical Director
- Direct and organize work tasks to be performed in collaboration with Project Manager / Project Designer / Intermediate and Junior team members.
- Direct development of working drawing sets through all phases of design and oversee the work of the project team using Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Review construction budget and steer development of documents to meet client budget goals.
- Organize and align project documentation with project budget and HLW scope from design development through contract document phase.
- Support the Project Manager/Studio Director in client and consultant meetings and represent the firm in their absence.
- Review contracts for design deliverables required of the project team.
- Be responsible to recognize and limit risk exposure to the firm through evaluation of project contract, site conditions and parameters.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution.
- US Registered Architect.
- 10 or more years of professional experience in architecture and design.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to successful outcomes and inspire client confidence.
- Exhibit high levels of responsibility and organizational skill.
- Excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Revit and/or AutoCAD software.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite.