Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage, and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable zero-carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance, and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
- This position will provide Project Accounting and Job-costing support to Commercial Managers for RES construction projects, while also driving process improvement. Responsibilities include project-specific accounting functions. Invoice analysis and preparation, project financial reporting and documentation, researching and resolving cost anomalies and discrepancies, ensure proper supporting documentation for all project costs, monthly forecasting, P&L reporting, revenue management, cash flows, and interface with corporate Finance & Accounting teams
- Opportunity to grow with a fast-growing international company in the renewable energy industry performing various tasks across many business aspects, supporting Wind & Solar projects. The position is central to the project and critical to tackling challenging and complex accounting and business tasks. Searching for a well-rounded candidate with a significant project accounting experience supporting EPC projects in the construction industry.
- 10-20% travel to project sites
- Act as the Senior Project Accountant for one or more wind and/or solar projects located in the Americas region
- Lead the development of project accounting best practices to support improved interface between FP&A, Accounting, and Commercial Management
- Set up project cost and financial reports, supporting the Commercial Manager and aligning with Finance & Accounting
- Develop client Schedule of Values & Payment Applications
- Support project audits
- Analyze and report accounts receivable status and collection, lead resolution working with A/P
- Ensure billing and reporting requirements are met by deadlines.
- Audit, review, and track payment applications and billings
- Analyze and review actual costs and other project accounting transactions to support monthly project forecasts and reporting
- Ensure the prevailing wage is processed correctly with required reporting.
- Review actuals – labor and costs, ensure proper understanding and allocation
- Job cost review and reclassification
- Drive improvement of project accounting and project cost tools and trackers
- Administer sales tax processes pertinent to assigned projects
- Analyze and confirm progress and goods/services received
- Review and track lien waivers
- Review vendor and subcontractor invoices, match with commitments, check for accuracy, and code accordingly
- Compile monthly and annual accruals, as required
- Compile project cash flows with a focus on the net cash position
- Project and calculate revenue & margin, with supporting basis for revenue recognition
- Ensure all local requirements are followed and documented according to requirements.
- Support systems implementations and data integrity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP or Reporting Systems
- Excellent time management skills
- Pro-active communicator, with the ability to work and solve problems independently
- Able to manage tight deadlines and handle multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-directed individual who works well in teams
- BS in Accounting/Finance
- 5-10 years of experience in project accounting, supporting capital construction projects
- Experience working in teams with Corporate Finance & Accounting, Procurement, Project Controls, and Commercial Management
- Construction and multi-state sales tax experience
- Current knowledge of GAAP Expertise in ERP systems and Excel
- Power Generation experience a plus