Henderson Harbor Group is a premier executive search and consulting firm with specialized expertise in finance, accounting and tax. The search division recruits highly skilled professionals on a direct hire and consulting basis. We service our clients primarily in the tri-state area as well nationally through our AAFA network.
Our client is one of the most renowned real-estate/energy/renewables company. They are looking for a strong Senior Project Accountant. This role requires experience managing several projects at a time. Company offers a very competitive salary with outstanding benefits.
- Monitor and improve internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
- Responsible for the proper accounting and financial presentation of his or her projects in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Modified Cash Basis of Accounting, policies and procedures;
- Reviews and analyzes the financial condition of each project (accrual and cash) on a monthly basis and advises the Project Manager, Financial Controller as to any material variances;
- Interacts with Client's accounting department counterpart regarding outstanding invoices, billing schedules, invoice approvals and ultimate collection; Client regarding status and analysis of consultants' invoicing; Consultants regarding accounts payable and invoices;
- Ensures that appropriate internal controls are in place to protect the firm's assets and generate an appropriate return on his or her projects, appropriate financial management techniques, tools and resources are utilized in order to achieve or exceed the project's stated financial goals;
- Reviews preliminary invoices for appropriate labor, expense charges, billing rates, fees maximums and makes appropriate changes and reclassifications;
- Updates outstanding receivable statements, billing summaries and consultant summaries that are for client's use
- Working towards or completion of CPA
- Experience in publicly traded companies
- Bachelor's degree in Accountingpreferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Dynamics or other ERP