We are seeking an energetic Senior Project Accountant to join our finance team. Reporting to the Senior Finance Controller, the Senior Project Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the financial integrity and contractual obligations of Public Security projects. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for working closely with finance management and Public Security business line management to provide financial insight and reporting on the performance of projects. An ideal candidate must be ambitious, driven and have perseverance while maintaining a positive attitude.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Accurate and timely project setup to facilitate proper revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Review contracts and document a summary of the key terms, conditions and revenue recognition considerations
- Update project information in the Olympic and Great Plains systems
- Monitor labor and materials purchased; maintain a detailed schedule of unbilled receivables
- Gather, track, analyze and report metrics relating to key initiatives and projects
- Provide reporting for multiple projects to finance/business line contacts
- Month-end close activities including posting journal entries and performing account reconciliations and variance analyses for revenue and earnings
- Work collaboratively with program managers and delivery teams; serve as a business partner, communicating program updates timely and implementing creative solutions to project requirements
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- General Ledger analytical skills required, project accounting experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong systems knowledge including advanced Excel skills
- Working knowledge of financial systems and reporting tools, Great Plains Accounting and Olympic Project Cost systems experience a plus
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent customer service attitude and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to meet deadlines
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 10-15% of the time
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
- Working hours. The employee will be required to work evenings and weekends during certain peak times such as month-end, quarter-end and year-end
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- 5 + years of progressive experience working in accounting/finance
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Strong experience working in a software development environment required
- Experience working with multinational companies preferred