More information about this job
Archer Western a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Senior Accountant for our South Capital Bridge Project.
The Senior Accountant manages the accounting for a mega-project and/or multiple large projects. This individual is independent and maintains good rapport with project staff and the business group Accounting Manager and Controller.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Reviews and processes subcontracts, subcontract change orders and Performance and Payment bonds to ensure they are in compliance with specified terms.
- Collects and reviews project subcontractor/supplier lien waivers.
- Collects, reviews, and processes subcontractor/supplier monthly project invoices. Needs to ensure all invoices have been accrued properly and timely to the correct cost reports and phase codes. Ensures proper payments to all subcontractors and major suppliers.
- Individual exhibits a high level understanding of the Walsh cost report and all of the Accounting functions related to the costs posted to the cost report.
- Individual has a strong understanding of the Walsh monthly P&L process and ensures timely submittal of project P&Ls and reviews the P&Ls for accuracy.
- Processes cost transfers on project cost report for Project Management staff.
- This position requires an in depth monthly analysis of the owner billing and ability to produce owner billing independently, when applicable.
- Collects, reviews and submits monthly owner billings to the Accounting Manager or Controller for processing.
- Monitors cash flow and communicates with the project staffs on tracking A/R and when the projects are paid.
- Works independently and manages the Accounting operations for mega-projects or multiple large projects.
- Compiles various monthly report to be reviewed by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or business-related field
- Minimum 5 years-experience in construction accounting or related field