Senior Programmer / Developer
5 - 7 years experience • Consulting
Dev Ops Developer
Senior Build ReleaseDeveloper
Reason for RR: Replacement
5-7 years of experience in system administration, software configuration management, Build/ Release management.
Strong Knowledge of Scripting: ClearCase, Jenkins
Good knowledge of Linux
Designs software solutions to take advantage of opportunities and new technologies, acting as a partner to and a team member of the Engineering and Operations teams
· Support and improve our tools for continuous integration, automated testing and release management.
· Responsible for implementing strategies for continuous delivery of custom GE software
· Act as a technologist resource, to guide development teams through tough spots in migrations
· Solid understanding of operating systems, especially Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat).
· Advanced knowledge of network operating systems, distributed systems targeting the JVM
· Strong scripting skills (ClearCase, Jenkins, Bash, Python, SQL, PERL, etc.)
· Experience with design, development and testing of automated deployment scripts. (Jenkins etc.)
· Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc)
· Experience working with version control systems (Subversion, SVN, git, github, etc)
· Experience working in a challenging and fast paced environment
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by otherprogrammers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
• Qualifications: 6-12years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software EngineeringArchitecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.